Stefania De Cara was born and raised in Genoa, Italy but always had a fascination with English culture and long dreamt of moving to London. After finally making the leap in 2006, she immersed herself in busy, career-focused London life, industry shifting until she ultimately found herself in Music and Media, working as a tour producer for Italian singer Andrea Bocelli. It was during this period, dominated by short evenings and weekends, that a back injury from her youth came back to haunt her. The severe, debilitating back pain that Stefania experienced led her from specialist to specialist until she finally found an effective cure in physio and massage - and with it, discovered her passion for massage therapy.
Soon after, Stefania underwent an ITEC Level 3 Qualification in Holistic Massage in Hammersmith Hospital, London, and with an ambition to help others experiencing back pain, joint pain, anxiety and numerous other injuries, conditions and disorders, she set about starting her career as a therapist.
In 2017 Stefania relocated to Exeter with her husband and son, and currently practices Holistic & Deep Tissue Massage Therapy out of the Wellbeing and Massage Centre on Gandy Street.
Stefania holds the following qualifications:
- ITEC Diploma in Anatomy, Physiology and Pathology, obtained at Richdales Institute in London
- ITEC Level 3 Diploma in Holistic Massage, obtained at Richdales Institute in London
Stefania is also a member of CThA, the Complementary Therapist Association and she continues to broaden her knowledge by attending various courses and conferences to ensure her continual professional development.
CPD Courses attended:
- Deep Tissue Massage for Back, Neck and Chest at School of Bodywork in Exeter
- Body Reading & Postural Observation at School of Bodywork in Exeter
- Injury management: Acute, Post-Acute and Chronic at School of Bodywork in Exeter
- Advanced Techniques at School of Bodywork in Exeter